Last week I was out with my favorite gal pal at 7 pm when I get a disturbing text from husband. It reads "AC is broken, its 90F in the house." This wonderful gal pal and her equally wonderful husband let us crash in the guest room until the AC was fixed the next morning. Only it didn't get fixed the next morning.......It got fixed 6 days later. So for the last 6 nights we have been at gal pals house and grateful for it!
But now that the AC is fixed I cant describe how happy it makes me. Last night after working later than husband I arrive home to a home cooked meal and a 72F house. Amen! After a nice bath and the DVR'd Rizzoli and Isles from Monday husband and I slept soundly in our king sized bed and air conditioned goodness.
Now I am ready for some winter. I dont like 3 digit temperatures and I miss my kitchen. I love nothing more than chopping, stewing, searing, and sauteing to my hearts content but something about this heat is making me avoid my favorite room in the house. The stuff I wanna cook is not what my body says yes to. Oh well, I get to look forward to all of the indicators that Winter is on its way. Like my fantasy football draft next week, LSUs first football game the next, and My favorite women's ministry event Circle of Friends starting soon.
A lot to look forward to and with the return on the AC....a lot to be grateful for.
No comments:
Post a Comment