Another awesome meeting of our church ladies cooking group last night. Truth be told we didnt do much cooking this time, mostly eating and laughing. The one thing that stood out to me was some stories that a Librarian in our group told. I thought that Librarians made sure all of the books followed the Dewey decimal system, helped people check out the latest Twilight novel, and mastered the art of shooshing loud school children....Apparently this is not so. According to Ms. Librarian (we will keep her name a secret for protection) she is the human Google. People will walk into their neighborhood public library and ask all kinds of crazy things. When did the general public become morons?
Some of the things that she experienced are as follows:
1. Does this growth on my side look like a lymph node that could be cancerous?
2. What is the phone number to a gymnastics school in Chicago? Im going to be a gymnastics star, if the girls on the TV can do it so can I. (this from an obese middle aged women)
3. Can I look up information on a porn start on the computers, if my tax dollars pay for it then I should be able to look all I want.
4. Two grown men alone in the library getting into a fist fight over ...... wait for it...... Breast feeding.
5. People who call every branch of the library and ask the same questions only to call back and fuss at you if your answer varies from another branch.
6. People who call and say, "can you google this for me?"
I appreciate librarians more now.
No comments:
Post a Comment