We avoided all shopping venues this weekend because 1) I hate shopping and 2) People are ridiculous about Christmas shopping. When I watch those videos of people stampeding over each other to get a great deal on a 5$ waffle maker it makes me sad for the future of mankind. The only thing that would make me climb over my fellow man would be the last source of food in a post apocalyptic world. Otherwise, I will pay full price for my waffle makers. Also, call me scrooge but I do not understand the need to out spend everyone and buy every person I have ever known a Christmas present. Unless you are close family you will not be getting a LeBlanc gift. I do honestly love to give but something about the over abundance that we see this time of year makes me want to hold back and give at other times when it is more needed and less expected.
Thanksgiving was interesting for us this year. Husband and I have always been a bit ambivalent about Thanksgiving. It is our least favorite holiday. In years past when we lived a few hours away from family we had no problem staying home alone, cooking a small meal for us, and then going to the movies. Now that we are closer to family we participate in the traditional (LARGE) south Louisiana family gatherings but to be honest we could take it or leave it. This year however one family members child had the flu so we decided not to go. We do not need the flu days before giving birth. We instead made a reservation at one of our favorite restaurants. It was fantastic. We walked in and immediately knew that we would not be ordering the turkey. Husband ate a prime rib the size of his head and I indulged in a filet that was perfectly medium rare topped with crab and cream sauce. Seriously, best meal ever. I guess we figured we would have less time, money, and energy in the near future to enjoy such things so why settle for turkey. That evening we went to my sisters house to comfortably lounge in our yoga pants while laughing, decorating her tree, and eating gumbo. It may have been one of the best thanksgivings we have had in a while!
No comments:
Post a Comment