G is three months old. Let me say that again so it sinks in, G is three months old. My brain cant make sense out of where the last few months have gone. Just yesterday I was pregnant and now I have a 3 months old. Actually it was a year ago that G was accidentally conceived. Man, aren't some accidents just the best things EVER! I cant imagine not having this little guy around.
So, I would say that by 3 months things are better. The baby stays awake a little longer which makes things easier. He plays with you which makes him more fun. I still get a little stressed when he gets way off schedule with his naps which is usually because mommy and daddy decide to take him somewhere when we shouldn't.
Here are a few of G's stats:
- 12 lbs 7 oz, 24.5 inches long Honestly his growth this month has been a little slow.
- Sleeping 7.5-8 hours at a time at night and we are working on him falling asleep on his own. He goes to sleep at 8 and I wake him for a dreamfeed at 11 then he wakes between 6:45-7:15.
- We are a babywise scheduled family. It works for us and it seems to happily work for him until the evils of daylights savings time come along.
- He laughed!!! A few times actually. Its when you are never expecting it but its amazing. The best sound in the world. Apparently mommy is funny when I change his diaper and daddy is funny when he blows air in G's face. Who knew?
- Daytime naps are hit and miss. Generally, two long, two shorter.
- Still exclusively breastfeeding. I am wondering if he needs more food but lately its getting harder to nurse him. He is so easily distracted that if I want him to eat for more than 3-5 mins I have to be in his nursery with the lights off. He is however taking bottles of breast milk a little better. Maybe I need to start just pumping. Not sure, its an ongoing discussion.
- Developmental milestones: smiling lots, laughing at silly songs mommy and daddy sing, bats at toys on his gym, starting to sit in his bumbo.
- He has found his hands and they are apparently very tasty.
- prefers standing to laying or sitting, but my arms get tired holding him up.
- Favorite activity: daddy making noises and blowing on him and his light up star on his mat.


No comments:
Post a Comment