I could do a 2013 year end review and talk about all of the great things that happened. I could remember the sleepless nights when we still had a newborn. I could recount all of G's firsts and how they made us feel. I could detail our best Christmas ever because our family feels so whole. But you all know those things. You have been reading this blog for the last year and nothing will surprise you or be new. So instead I will talk a little about where the Lord has lead me through this year.
From a young age I was hardened by the life around me. My heart was guarded because it needed to be for survival. When my dad was sick in college I felt God begin to open my heart for the first time. Experiencing Gods power and watching my dad submit his life to Christ created a little crack in the armor and every now and then if you know me really well you would see the emotion come through. This year God took a sledge hammer to the armor and told me that I couldn't guard myself anymore. That it was time to completely open myself up. He brought G into our lives and filled them with love. His love. Reminded us that truly every good and perfect thing comes from above. He also broke my heart after I opened it. He didnt promise me that by opening up it would be easy, he just asked me to do it. Over the last few months God has reminded me of my journey and been very clear that I have been on the sidelines for too long. I have been snuggled up in his arms and its time for me to get out into the world and get down and dirty. He has told me that there is heartache, and sadness, and suffering all around us and that I need to get out and love them.
I don't know how this will manifest itself just yet, but I am excited for the journey forward. 2013 was without a doubt the best year of my life. Never before have I felt so loved and secure and blessed. I felt cocooned in a bubble of happiness and joy. The Lord is telling me that its time to break out of the bubble and get down to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment