Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Third trimester, What What!!!

I am 79 days away from my due date. That is very exciting. I am so ready to meet this little guy I can hardly hold it in. I find myself daydreaming about what he will be like and the options are limitless. I want to see what traits he gets from his daddy and which ones he gets from me. Our personalities are compatible but different so to see what combination he gets is exciting. In addition to wanting to meet our little man I am totally over pregnancy. I now make sounds like an old guy when I get up off the couch or out of bed. Its kind of funny. I also am in constant battle between wanting to eat healthy and wanting to drive hours to the nearest Dairy Queen and tearing up an extra large Blizzard. I am generally somewhere in the middle.My sister recently took a picture of me and husband and said that he looked more pregnant than me. It simply because my body has responded to pregnancy by seeing how wide it can get. I was not lucky enough to get one of those cute pregnant bellies. Oh well, it is what it is. Other than a little puffiness in my feet, ankles, and hands things are pretty good on the pregnancy symptom front.

Part of me wants to rush through the next few weeks to hurry and meet the baby but their is a part of me that is cherishing the time before he comes. I am really enjoying naps and sleeping through the night. I am enjoying the selfish schedule that husband and I keep. We have had almost 10 years of just the two of us (well, and Aiko) so we are pretty spoiled. I know that this isn't an end to our life but simply a new chapter with new experiences, challenges, and adventures. After years of saying we weren't ready (including this year) as it draws nearer it feels right. It feels like we waited and graduated and lived on an island and traveled and played and grew up with each other and learned to appreciate each other and now we are ready to welcome our little baby. I'm not saying that waiting 10 years is right for everyone but it was right for us. I can look at husband and appreciate the man that he has grown to be and the father that we will become. I can look at myself and see the changes that God has made in me and my life to bring me to this point. It is all very exciting and when I look back I see Gods plan for us slowly unfolding behind me. His timing is truly perfect.

Now for some fun stuff. I have been very good about not shopping. Im not a big shopper so it is not that hard to resist. However, when I saw this online I had to have it. The best bib ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment