The last few weeks have been amazing and exhausting all at once. I have tried to maintain my normal level of activity over the last few months which has not been difficult but I have noticed that in the last few weeks it is getting harder. So while the last week has been amazing personally, physically I feel a little beat up.
Last Friday my wonderful friend who is much more like family came in a day early from Dallas for the baby shower so that we could spend some quality time together. I love her dearly and miss her so this was a real treat for me. Saturday was my baby shower. I was a little worried because you never know how these things go but it was perfect. To have so many people put so much effort into something for you is humbling. I felt honored and it was such a happy day. The thoughts and effort that was put into it amazed me and the result was beautiful. I will post some pictures but I haven't gotten around to that just yet. The food was delicious and the desserts were such a treat. I couldn't have possibly asked for anything nicer. I was able to spend time with friends and family that I rarely see and hug each and every one of them. The truly overwhelming part was the gifts. To see how generous people can be and how much they care about our little one is touching. It was also overwhelming because I honestly didn't know what some of the things where used for. HA! we have a lot to learn. Once the party was picked up and most people were gone we spent the evening with some old friends which is always a treat.
Sunday I slept a little later than normal and realized very quickly that my body is in a different place so I actually need time to physically recover from such an active day. I didn't even change out of my pajamas! We spent the day going through all of the gifts and putting them away. We washed all of the baby clothes and blankets and started to fill his drawers and closet. It is strange to fold something so small. Husband has his work cut out for him assembling all of the larger items. I am no help to him because my girth prevents me from crawling around on the floor.
Then I was on a plane to Virginia for a few days for training. By the time I got home though my feet were swelling and my entire abdomen was sore. Just another reminder that we only have 7 weeks left before this baby comes so I need to remember that I am carrying a pretty large creature. After getting back to work and trying to dig myself out of the mountain of emails that I returned to I am looking forward to some rest and relaxation.
No comments:
Post a Comment